Saturday 23 July 2011

Carry On Tuesday # 115



Your prompt for Tuesday July 26th

Just four hours before posting this weeks prompt, 27 year old singer songwriter Amy Winehouse passed away in her London home. I’ve taken a line from her song Valerie.

In my head I paint a picture


Use all or part of it within your poem or prose then leave the url of your piece with Mister Linky. A comment would also be appreciated.

To read the lyrics to Valerie and listen to her best known song Back To Black  visit Carry On Tuesday Plus




9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the inspitation.

    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great shame. 27 years old is no age to die, especially, (it seems) alone. She must've been such a tortured soul. I hope she is at peace now.
    Thanks for organising this for us to take part in each week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found this site while looking for prompts. My poem came out more for Amy than I had planned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found this from going through links from another blog :D First time to participate though and may have gone overboard with the prompt. Yeah, was shocked when I read about her passing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect prompt for a week when I am stuck inside one of those pictures I painted in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can definitely relate... thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. my first carry on tuesday prompt! great idea! thanks for the inspiration. And may Amy find peace and calmness now.

    ReplyDelete