Saturday 11 December 2010

Carry On Tuesday # 83


Your prompt for Tuesday 14th December

Today I’m offering you not the first line of a poem, but its title. The words can be interpreted in so many different ways - messages misunderstood, signals misread, good deeds not appreciated or a lifelong lack of empathy as in the poem. In the words of Stevie Smith.....

Not waving but drowning

Use all or part of it within your poem or prose, and then leave the url of your post with Mister Linky and a comment.



To read Not Waving but Drowning and hear me reading it visit Carry On Tuesday Plus  


6 comments:

  1. interesting prompt, tried one,
    have fun!
    Happy Carry On Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided not to read or listen to the poem until I'd written my response. An interesting meme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this one led me in a strange direction or at least strange for me. I usually try to keep it light but not tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Stevie Smith's poetry. Good prompt from a good poem. Mine is called "Waving. "

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hunh, that was depressing. Also poetic. I blame the conjunction of two prompts ;-)

    ReplyDelete